Archived Newsletters - ARE YOUR GOLF DREAMS PASSING YOU BY? :
Newsletter May 2013
Dreaming about what you want to accomplish in golf will not bring it about. A dream is a manifestation of what your fondest desires are. To make your dreams happen, you need to let go of the fears that hold you back from accomplishing it. When you see only your shortcomings, you will always come up short. No matter what is happening, your attitude toward it is always your choice.
Thinking about things that do not support your dream is a waste of time and effort. Begin to form the right state of mind by deciding which thoughts and emotions will help you to achieve it. You can use visual images, positive self-talk, supportive thoughts and empowering emotions to enhance your self-image to make your dream a reality.
Do you help or hurt your game?
When do you decide in a round of golf that you are putting well and can trust your putting skill?
When you miss a couple of three-footers, do you succumb to the fear of missing, tighten up, and leave every putt short?
The mental game of golf is about accessing your "inner self" that knows through intuition how to make the dream happen. Keys to accessing this powerful "inner game" are:
• Empower yourself by erasing all fear thoughts with a clear intention of what you want to accomplish.
• Put more strong emotion into your good results than in poor results.
• Create your own positive beliefs instead of adapting the ego beliefs of others.
• Stay positive and focused on playing one shot at a time.
• Pay attention to issues inside yourself that no longer serve you.
• Release all low vibrational emotions such as anger, doubt, and worry.
• Trust in yourself and have patience to accomplish the results you desire.
• Breathe deeply to return to a relaxed mental and physical state for peak performance.
• Maintain a sense of joy in playing no matter what the results are.
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster,
And treat those two imposters just the same,
The world will be yours and everything in it,
What's more, you'll be a man, my son.
---excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's poem, IF
Entrain Your Heart & Brain for Peak Performance!
© Copyright PMI 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Improve your golf game NOW by listening to PMI self-hypnosis CDs/tapes in the privacy of your own home. Train your brain by listening to positive visualizations and suggestions in seven different areas of your golf game. Order today at www.pmi4.com/cart
One on One Coaching: Call 828.696.2547, or contact Joan by email for a free consultation to learn about mental golf coaching in person or worldwide by phone. Learn what is missing in your game so you can achieve your peak performances.
Please share this monthly mental instruction newsletter if it has been helpful to you. Forward it to your friends. They may wish to subscribe so they can have more fun playing the game of golf while lowering their scores. Those who wish to subscribe may do so by simply clicking here.
Did you miss the previous newsletter?
Read it on the Archived Newsletters page www.pmi4.com
New newsletters are posted every month.