Archived Newsletters - TRAIN YOUR BRAIN FOR PEAK PERFORMANCES :
Newsletter November 2015
If you want to hit consistent golf shots, you must understand the concept of the golf swing. Standing sideways to swing a golf club is an unnatural movement and needs an explanation.
Learning the fundamentals of a golf swing is important. However, understanding how the entire golf swing works is 95% of learning. In the same way the mental part of the game requires an understanding of how to access the incredible abilities of your mind. http://bit.ly/1P866tx
Your brain is a supercomputer that far outperforms any man-made technology. It is my function to simplify all the mental and psychological information and show you how to apply it to your golf game.
Your human brain is made up of approximately 100 billion (100,000,000,000) brain cells called neurons, joined with 100 trillion connections which use electricity to communicate with each other. . This enormous amount of electrical activity can be measured by medical equipment like the EEG (electroencephalogram) which tracks and records brain wave patterns so-called because they rise and fall like a wave.
Electrical activity of the brain
The electrical activity in the brain changes depending on what a person is doing. In golf, peak performance levels are accessed in the alpha frequency where the brainwave activity has slowed down enabling heightened intuition and focus on the process.
Golfers who have experienced playing in this alpha frequency know it as “the zone state.” Golfers describe this state as experiencing everything to slow down. In reality the wide-awake beta activity of the brain where the “mind-chatter” is going on, decreases. As the golfer moves into the alpha state, the subconscious intuitive mind takes over and decisions are made quickly with mental clarity. Golfers in this zone state know intuitively which club to hit, see the line on the green, have intensified concentration and feel in total control of all facets of their golf game.
The five brainwave frequencies
During the day an EEG will show that you use all of the following brainwaves. Depending on the state of consciousness you are in, one of these brainwaves will be dominant. Training your brain to access these frequencies in your brain will give you the best results in your golf game!
1. GAMMA brainwaves are the fastest brainwave frequencies which move from the back of the brain to the front and back again between 40 to 100 cycles per second (cps). This gamma state is the feeling that you can do anything mentally or physically at your peak performance levels. It is the sense that you unconditionally love what you are doing. World class athletes and musicians and high achievers in all fields produce more gamma brainwaves than average. http://bit.ly/1Wz5a0n
2. BETA brainwaves pulsate between 12.5 and 27 cycles per second.
Beta states are associated with normal waking consciousness. Attentiveness, concentration, intense focus and problem solving are associated with beta brainwaves. They can also be associated with strong, excited emotions. The higher beta levels are associated with high levels of arousal which can sabotage your golf game. http://bit.ly/1gSnsfx
3. ALPHA brainwaves pulsate between 7.5 and 12.5 cycles per second.
This is the state you are normally in when you are drifting off to sleep or waking up in the morning. You are awake but not processing much information. This is the best time to practice your golf game. When you close your eyes your brain automatically starts producing more alpha waves. Mentally rehearse what you want to do on the golf course that day. This rehearsal can also improve your swing because your mind is actually programming your muscles as you visualize yourself hitting the perfect shot. http://bit.ly/1Pm8Ceb
4. THETA brainwaves pulsate between 3 and 8 cycles per second.
These theta brainwaves are associated with a state of very deep relaxation with deeper experiences of creativity, meditation and calm. Theta is also a very receptive mental state that has proven useful for hypnotherapy, as well as self-hypnosis using recorded affirmations and suggestions. www.pmi4.com/cart Theta is a very powerful trance-like state.
5. DELTA brainwaves pulsate between 0 Hz and 3 Hz cycles per second.
This is the deep, dreamless sleep state. You are totally unconscious and your body is healing its inner self. They are the slowest recorded brainwaves associated with the deep stage 3 of NREM sleep. When you wake up from a good night’s sleep you have produced adequate delta waves to feel completely rejuvenated.
Create brainwaves to play at your peak potential
1. Love creates the gamma state. Golfers in the gamma state love what they are doing and are totally focused in what they love to do. For them it is a natural state of consciousness.
2. Sports scientists have shown that increases of alpha brainwaves precede peak performances. You plan your golf shot in the beta state. After forming your plan, move into the alpha state of creativity and effortless alertness by breathing deeply for increased inner focus and sensory awareness.
3. Listen to Positive Mental Imagery self-hypnosis golf CDs to guide you into a relaxed state to sharpen your mental abilities of imagery, visualization, and belief in your golf abilities. Available now at http://www.pmi4.com/cart
Play "in the zone" with Joan
Entrain Your Heart & Mind for Peak Performances
2015 © PMI – All Rights Reserved
Did you miss the previous newsletter?
Read it on the Archived Newsletters page www.pmi4.com
New newsletters are posted every month.