Archived Newsletters - Happiness :
Newsletter November 2006
Vol. VII, Edition 12
by Joan King
Another year is drawing to a close and I would like to thank you for your support and feedback in my vision to bring new information to enhance your life and your golf game. In 2007 I will be beginning my 15th year. I hope that the New Year brings you all of the happiness and success that you desire.
This newsletter is being written a little later than usual as I am recovering from knee surgery due to decades of athletic endeavors. I feel very fortunate to be living in a time where physical wear and tear of the joints can be restored.
Although we find great joy in the outside activity of playing golf, know that your true resource is your inner knowing, your intuition. We take lessons, read golf magazines, and take advice from golf friends, but their opinions may not apply to you. We don’t see the world through someone else’s eyes; we see the world through our own eyes and interpret from that information. Decide to listen to your intuition and create the kind of day you want. Take a deep breath and give yourself the present of Grace to believe that all of your perceived mistakes were designed by you to experience growth and forward movement.
Now is the time to reflect and think about what was good and what not so good in the past year. We sometimes get so caught up in our busy lives, that life passes us by. Take the time to write down what made you happy and what you learned in 2006. Celebrate yourself and constantly remind yourself of your greatness.
Use your thoughts to create your world, and the golf game that you desire. Enlighten yourself with positive visions. See the good in all the things you are experiencing and you will feel the happiness deep within yourself. Feel it, see it, experience it, and react to the happiness you have created. Feel the shift in perception. You create in your world exactly what you focus your attention on.
“To be happy, drop the words ‘if only’
and substitute instead the words ‘next time.’”
Here are some holiday suggestions for enhancing your golf prowess and your life during the off-season. In parts of the country, many of you are playing in unseasonal balmy weather and will get an opportunity to practice the suggestions in the following:
- Perfect your putting off the golf course. Learn how to aim correctly before you practice your stroke. If you miss a lot of three to four-footers, aiming correctly will give you the confidence you need. For less than $20.00 you can buy a “Laser Straight” beam that is used for hanging wallpaper at your local hardware store or Linens ‘n Things. Line your putter up to the hole and have someone put the laser beam behind your putter to see if it is aimed at the hole. Seeing the correct line will allow you to putt so you can feel it.
- Golf is a mirror of your life because the same old experiences and behavior patterns in your subconscious mind crop up when you least expect them. To learn more about how your mind works and affects your everyday world, read Andrew Matthew’s books, ”BEING HAPPY, A Handbook to Greater Confidence & Security” and “FOLLOW YOUR HEART, Finding Purpose in Your Life and Work.” FYI David Leadbetter told Nick Faldo to read the first book before he would work with him on swing changes.
- Pia Nilsson, Annika Sorenstam’s coach and Lynn Marriott, one of Golf Digest’s 50 Greatest Teachers, have written a book that emphasizes the individual golfer rather than a right set of mechanics. In the book, “Every Shot Must Have a Purpose,” they offer techniques for integrating the physical, technical, mental, emotional and social parts of a player’s game. In the book they explain the pre-shot routine and how it can improve your focus and consistency.
- The book and clinic that helped me the most to improve to a three handicap is Fred Shoemaker’s “EXTRAORDINARY GOLF, The Art of the Possible,” which teaches you how to play the game. Shoemaker shows how extra-ordinary golf can lower your scores and increase your pleasure in the game. He includes practical exercises from a new point of view to focus on the elements that actually make up your game, and how to hit shots creatively instead of mechanically.
- For the PMI complete biography of mental golf books, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be pleased to send it to you.
- The most recent addition to information about The Law of Attraction is “The Secret” which imparts the wisdom used by some of the greatest people who have ever lived to achieve their success; Plato, Leonardo, Galileo, Napoleon, Hugo, Beethoven, Lincoln, Edison, Einstein and Carnegie to name a few. It is available in DVD and book form.
- Improve your belief in yourself and learn to relax and focus by listening to Positive Mental Imagery Self-Hypnosis Golf CDs this winter. They can be ordered directly www.pmi4.com/cart
“The thing always happens that you really believe in;
and the belief in a thing makes it happen.”
–Frank Lloyd Wright
This is a time of light, a time of celebration. Move ahead into the New Year with a light heart full of promise. Relish every day as a new day to enhance your health, prosperity and success. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Did you miss the previous newsletter?
Read it on the Archived Newsletters page www.pmi4.com
New newsletters are posted every month.